Une Nuit Blanche a Paris!
My french is improving rapidly. I find that even when I speak in english, I subconsciously affect a french accent and speak in broken english just to sound more like everyone else! I feel that I am blending in well with the locals. I know I dress like them. I THINK I act like them for the most part. The only thing I will never be able to do is speak exactly like them.
I am taking tons of pictures, however it is tres difficulte to get them out of the camera and into the computer. And many of them are not interesting anyway.
I carried my red alice tote bag today and was SO paranoid that I would get pickpocketed!
Oh, and my watch broke. The strap broke. I dont think it is unfixable, but it wont stay affixed to my wrist. I cant believe that out of the 3 watches i could choose from, ALL of them broke! I bought a new one today from a little shop for about 10euro. Right now are the sales in paris, january and june! You literally see the word "SOldes" EVERYWHERE in practically every shop window.
I wanted to go to the grocery store again today, but I didnt want to carry anything with me. I am pleased that I am no longer utterly confused by the metro! My map has been such an unbelievable help but it is true that even after being in the city for several days, you are able to figure things out and adapt so quickly!
Anyway, the weather today was HORRIBLE. Freezing, spontaneous rain all throughout the day, wind... Everyone, even the native parisians thought it was especially bad. So anyway, I had to go to a UC meeting at 2 ALL the way across the city. I didnt get lost though!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home